Alex is an Associate in the Energy and Utilities team. Alex specialises in commercial and regulatory issues that affect energy projects. Since joining the team in 2015, Alex has advised on a breadth of issues across the electricity industry, including trading arrangements, networks issues, compliance with licences (and exemptions) industry documents and financial support mechanisms. She has also advised on a wide range of electricity generation projects by leading UK developers, including large scale offshore wind and numerous onshore wind and solar projects.
Alex spent 9 months on secondment to Ofgem in 2017/2018. While at Ofgem Alex advised on Exceptional Event claims and Income Adjusting Events in relation to OFTOs and offshore wind farm owners. She also worked on Capacity Market appeals, the separation of the ESO and TO licences and advising the consumers and commercial team on aspects relating to automatic switching.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Numerous developers on grid connection arrangements, including grid sharing arrangements and CFD application issues relating to a number of solar farms
- The developers of several rooftop solar projects on the regulatory position of such projects and the sale of power from solar installations
- Developers on a wide range of issues concerning the development of offshore wind farms
- Supply companies on issues including supply terms with major industrial and commercial customers, and sleeving power from specific generation projects into supply contracts
- One of the UK's major port owners in relation to the installation of solar projects at their sites and the supply of electricity to customers on a licence exempt basis
- A number of major suppliers on wholesale electricity trading arrangements.