WBD's private wealth team has been ranked highly in this year's Chambers and Partners High Net Worth (HNW) guide.
The Chambers HNW guide focuses specifically on the international private wealth market. Published annually, it covers private wealth management work and related specialisms in key jurisdictions around the world, featuring the leading lawyers and law firms for wealthy individuals and families.
In this year's edition, the guide highlights WBD as "the go-to firm" in the North East and Yorkshire, "one of the best private client teams in the West" for high-end private client work and highlights WBD in London for "handling complicated cases with ease". WBD's private wealth team is praised by clients for delivering "absolutely first-class advice on a wide range of issues" to HNW individuals in the UK and overseas with teams drawn from across the firm's offices.
The guide also recognises ten of the firm's lawyers as 'leading individuals':
- Helen Tavroges is "a master of her profession" and "imbues a spirit of confidence in the long-term safe handling and probity of one's affairs"
- Alexander Dickinson is described as "fantastic, really client-friendly and a pleasure to work with" who "has an amazing client list"
- The "very knowledgeable" Mark Woodward "provides an absolutely top-quality service"
- Neil Long is "incredibly professional, very approachable and easy to work with" on complex private wealth disputes
- Richard Pike, ranked as an 'associate to watch', is "really pleasant to deal with and very efficient. You can rely on him absolutely"
- Deborah Jude is personally ranked for advising HNW individuals
- Chris Kerr-Smiley is "very thorough and extremely well informed" and "good at responding promptly to questions and explaining complex matters clearly"
- Andrew Tingley is regarded as "very astute and very pragmatic" and is "brilliant", "bright and knows what he is doing"
- "Technically very strong" George Lyall "goes the extra mile" and provides "solid, practical and beneficial support and advice"
- Susan Maxey is ranked in Leeds and described as "one of the top lawyers in her area of expertise" who "makes the process work with her patience and clear explanations"
David Dale, Head of Private Wealth at WBD, comments:
"It is great to see so many members of our private wealth team once again top-ranked in the Chambers HNW Guide and especially pleasing that, amongst the fantastic accolades and testimonials, our team stands out as personable, easy to work with and empathetic as we continue to deliver excellent advice and outstanding quality service to our clients. These rankings are a tribute to the hard work and dedication of our private wealth group and demonstrates the team's passion towards protecting and advancing our clients' interests."