Susan is an experienced private client lawyer with a national client base. She joined the firm in 2011, having previously worked for Addleshaw Goddard in Leeds for 12 years.
Susan specialises in advising private clients, their families and trustees on a wide range of issues, in particular those relating to estate planning and capital taxation. This involves complex Will and trust drafting and providing advice on asset protection and inheritance tax mitigation. Susan has extensive experience of advising individuals and trustees owning private company shares.
Susan has been recognised in the Chambers High Net Worth guide 2018, which focuses specifically on the international private wealth market.
- Restructuring of substantial family trusts to achieve tax efficient succession planning for current and future generations
- Advising both individual and corporate trustees on all aspects of trusteeship, including trustees’ duties and powers and potential claims by beneficiaries
- Advising the owners of private company shares on pre-sale tax planning and succession planning
- Complex Will drafting for high net worth individuals
- Advising high net worth individuals on tax efficient succession planning through the use of lifetime trusts.
"Very sensible advice."
"Very personable and technically excellent."
"A very solid, fantastic lawyer and a trustworthy pair of hands."