Andrew has over ten years of experience working as an immigration lawyer, advising a wide range of clients in professional services, the third sector, SME start-ups, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. He has particular experience and a strong track record in dealing with complex and sensitive immigration cases.
His wealth of experience is crucial to the growth of the firm, particularly in London, as we continue to advise clients on a wide range of complex high value matters, such as Brexit related and global mobility issues.
- Particular experience in complex, sensitive immigration situations that require high-level interaction with immigration authorities
- Leading our work conducting immigration compliance audits for clients and reviewing their existing HR systems to ensure that the correct policies and procedures are in place to prevent illegal working
- Advising clients across many sectors on how to plan and prepare for Brexit. This includes providing advice and assistance on workforce audits, assessing potential skills and labour shortages and advising on how best to consult with EU workers, including in respect of their rights post-Brexit and the settled status application process.
- Providing a full immigration audit of a university's processes under the Sponsor Licence regime to ensure that they are able to sponsor students under Tier 4 and employees under Tier 2
- Assisting in obtaining work permission for a client's non-US staff to transfer to the USA
- Obtaining settled/pre-settled status for a client's EEA/Swiss employees based in the UK and their family members.
"Andrew inspires confidence - reassuring, unflappable and goes way beyond what is expected."
"Internationally recognised as a go-to lawyer for sophisticated compliance advice, as well as UK visa and immigration investigations."