Introducing Womble Bond Dickinson's Insurance Disputes quarterly programme of breakfast seminars in 2019. The first in this series will focus on professional negligence group litigation claims.
Tim Barr, Partner at WBD, will chair a talk that will focus on the increasing number of group litigation claims arising in the professional indemnity area.
As the UK is an increasingly supportive litigation environment for group litigation, the talk will give the professional indemnity insurance market an insight into:
- How group litigation claims are established and funded
- Strategic issues and challenges facing claimant solicitors and litigation funders running claimant group litigation
- Policy coverage considerations arising from group litigation claims
- Strategies on how best to engage with and defend group litigation claims
- Recent cases arising from professional negligence group litigation.
We are also delighted to be joined by:
Jacqueline Young, head of Group Litigation at Augusta Ventures Litigation Funding. Jacqueline focuses on identifying, structuring and financing large scale group actions. Before joining Augusta, Jacqueline was Head of Group Litigation at Slater and Gordon Lawyers (formerly Russell Jones & Walker) where she acquired over 20 years of litigation experience; and
Joanna Smith QC, who is at Wilberforce Chambers. Joanna’s broad litigation practice encompasses advice and advocacy in the fields of professional liability, commercial litigation, arbitration (domestic/ international), construction, professional regulation, adjudication, mediation (as a qualified mediator) and insurance. She has extensive experience of acting in high value and complex international and domestic disputes on behalf of multinational companies, public bodies and professional clients.
Those interested in understanding further group litigation claims in the professional indemnity area.