Multinational companies require sophisticated, experienced representation for their invaluable intellectual property rights. Evan Fultz is a trusted advisor to such companies, helping them manage, defend, and enforce their interests at home and abroad. He has extensive experience serving as lead outside IP counsel for clients in the pharmaceutical, financial services, healthcare, and other industries.
Evan advises businesses on their trademark and other proprietary rights in connection with the launch and protection of new brands, as well as in connection with acquisitions, divestitures, and expansions. He also manages worldwide monitoring and enforcement programs for his clients’ most valuable brands. In addition, Evan frequently handles IP disputes and has extensive experience litigating trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the USPTO. He has conducted hundreds of domain-name disputes under ICANN's Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy and assists in infringement proceedings in state and federal court. He also negotiates various IP-related transactions and agreements.
Evan regularly counsels clients in the trademark registration process, including in connection with the clearance, prosecution, and maintenance of registered trademark rights on a global basis. He is an active member of the International Trademark Association and has served on a number of its committees including the Enforcement, Internet, and Unfair Competition Committees.
Unfair Competition Committee, International Trademark Association, 2017 – Present
Honors and Awards
Chambers USA Ranked Lawyer, Intellectual Property, North Carolina, 2017 – Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Regular assistance in the trademark adoption and registration process, including domestic and global clearance and registration initiatives and the management of extensive trademark portfolios.
- Designed, implemented, and currently manages international trademark monitoring and enforcement programs for clients across a range of industries, including pharmaceutical.
- Routine representation of clients in intellectual property disputes, including trademark, trade dress, copyright, unfair competition, domain name, and online infringement matters.
- Represented pharmaceutical client in the IP-driven acquisition of the worldwide rights to a late-stage drug development program from a global manufacturer.
- Assisted large financial services institution in implementing successful multi-state brand expansion following bank acquisitions.
- Negotiation of IP-related contracts including trademark and copyright licenses and assignments and marketing and promotional agreements.