William Jaffe focuses his practice on intellectual property counseling, procurement, and enforcement of patents, for computer-related technologies, software and internet applications, and hardware.
William provides services that span a diverse range of intellectual property areas. He has prepared and prosecuted both domestic and foreign patent applications in a diverse range of technological fields such as:
- Machine learning;
- Online gaming systems;
- Financial technology systems;
- Virtual and augmented reality gaming, imaging, and conferencing systems;
- Distributed computing;
- Handheld devices and underlying applications for mobile phones, gaming controllers, fitness systems, and medical devices;
- Computer electronics;
- Networking and telecommunications;
- Signal processing;
- Image processing; and
- Electronic security including encryption and authentication related technologies.
Among the other intellectual property related services that William provides are offensive and defensive patent reviews, validity and non-infringement analyses, and generating opinions regarding third party patents.
Before commencing his legal career, William worked for TRW (subsequently acquired by Northrop Grumman Corp.) as a software engineer for a communications group, which included designing software for signal analysis systems and user interfaces for those systems. Prior to TRW, William worked as a design engineer for Radix Technologies in their experimental software systems group. While at Radix Technologies, he designed and tested numerous hardware and software systems.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Patent #: 11,354,714
- Systems and Methods for Dynamic Interface Generation for Commerce Platform Onboarding
- Patent #: 11,270,362
- Systems and Methods for Proof of Application Ownership
- Patent #: 11,704,673
- Systems and Methods for Identity Graph Based Fraud Detection
- Patent #: 10,867,171
- Systems and Methods for Machine Learning Based Content Extraction from Document Images
- Patent #: 11,490,069
- Multi-Dimensional Data Capture of an Environment Using Plural Devices
Professional & Civic Engagement
- American Bar Association
- ABA Advisory Panel