Whit McGreevy focuses his practice on economic development and incentives. He advises clients on available federal, state, and local incentives and subsidies for domestic and international companies that are locating or expanding their operations throughout the U.S. His experience includes securing New Markets Tax Credits, state and local grants, tax credits related to job creation and investment, and substantial property tax reductions on behalf of his clients.
Whit also assists clients in resolving various business disputes and represents companies and individuals as plaintiffs and defendants in both state and federal courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Whit served as a law clerk to the Honourable Patrick Michael Duffy. During his clerkship, he gained experience drafting orders, bench memoranda, and jury charges in civil and criminal cases, and assisted Judge Duffy during trials, motion hearings, and complex mediations.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member, South Carolina Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Professional Development Committee, South Carolina Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Charleston County Bar Association
- Treasurer, Church of the Good Shepherd
- Member, French American Chamber of Commerce
- Member, South Carolina Economic Developers Association
- Member, South Carolina Manufacturers Association
Presentations and Publications
- Association of Corporate Counsel, South Carolina Chapter: Antitrust Enforcement in Tightening Labour Markets, September 2021
- “No Poaching Allowed: The DOJ's Long-Promised Criminal Enforcement of No Poach Agreements and Wage Fixing Is Here,” Association of Corporate Counsel South Carolina, March 2021
- E4Carolinas Emerging Leaders Group: Carolinas' Energy Industry and Business Attraction, August 2020
- National Business Institute: Legal Issues in Recruiting and Hiring, November 2019
- E4Carolinas Emerging Leaders Group: Carolinas' Energy Industry and Business Attraction, October 2019
Honours and Awards
South Carolina Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Star of the Quarter, 2016, 2018