With more than 25 years of experience focused on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance, Sharon serves as a trusted advisor to her clients, providing legal guidance designed to accomplish their business goals in a changing market environment. She is a partner in the Firm's Corporate and Securities practice group, concentrating primarily on mergers and acquisitions, strategic corporate transactions, corporate reorganizations and corporate finance.
Sharon has served as lead counsel for both buyers and sellers in the US and around the globe in a variety of complex business transactions, including stock and asset purchases, public and private company mergers, leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and divestitures of divisions and joint ventures. She has worked with clients in numerous industries, including financial technology, manufacturing, transportation and a variety of service industries. She draws from this diverse experience to provide focused and informed counsel to her clients.
Sharon also serves as the co-leader of the Firm's Technology sector and the Chair of the Firm’s Transactions Department, comprised of the Corporate & Securities, Capital Markets and Real Estate practice groups and has been recognized as one of the country’s leading practitioners in M&A by Chambers USA.
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), FinTech Practice and Real Estate Law (2023 - Present), Corporate Law (2019 - Present)
- Martindale Hubbell, Preeminent AV rating, 2018
- Chambers USA Ranked Lawyer, 2015
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) in connection with the sale of its global Interactive Printer Solutions division to Atlas Holdings LLC, awarded the 2016 Lex Mundi Award for "Best Multijurisdictional Client Matter".
- Represented NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) in connection with its acquisition of Digital insight for approximately $1.6 billion.
- Represented NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) in connection with its acquisition of Radiant Systems, a provider of point of sale solutions in the retail and hospitality industries, for approximately $1.2 billion.
- Represented NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) in connection with its acquisition of Zynstra Ltd., a UK based provider of edge virtualization technology, for approximately £100 million.
- Represented J.A. Thomas & Associates in its $250 million sale to Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN), a leading technology provider of voice and language solutions.
- Represented investor group in the acquisition of a public company and the implementation of its growth strategy through the acquisition of 19 companies during an 18 month period.
- Represented high-growth software company in seven separate venture capital investments, initial public offering, secondary offering, strategic acquisitions and ultimate asset sale.