Roseyna is a member of the financial services team. She works with clients ranging from banks and insurers to new entrants to the markets and companies for whom financial services are non-core activities; she assists clients in achieving their commercial objectives while operating within and complying with the applicable regulatory requirements.
Roseyna provides practical advice and assistance on a broad range of financial services issues, including the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act and the Consumer Credit Act and related rules and regulations, financial promotions, applications to the Financial Conduct Authority for authorisation and for variations to permissions, the requirements of the Payment Services Regulations and the FCA and PRA's rules.
Roseyna has completed a six month secondment to the deposit-takers team in the Bank of England's Legal Directorate, and a four month secondment to Sainsbury's Bank, where she predominantly provided support on matters relating to consumer credit products.
Roseyna also completed an 11 month secondment to the legal team of a multinational insurer, where she assisted with compliance with applicable regulatory requirements across Europe, in particular in the context of internal corporate delivery and cross-country transformation projects.
Roseyna's experience includes:
- drafting and reviewing product documentation for regulated consumer credit agreements, including providing advice to the business on their use, and reviewing sales paths and promotional material;
- assisting new to the market firms with applications for authorisation and on post-authorisation policy and procedure requirements, and regulated firms with the submission to the FCA of variation applications for additional permissions;
- drafting and reviewing product terms and conditions for retail banks for both current and savings accounts, ensuring, as appropriate, compliance with the requirements of the FCA Handbook, the PSR and the Consumer Rights Act 2015;
- advising a retail bank on the compliance of its financial promotions for a range of regulated products, with applicable regulatory requirements. This work involved reviewing all financial promotions and marketing communications, instructing the marketing teams on achieving compliance and liaising with the business to understand their commercial needs and to communicate regulatory requirements in a meaningful and pragmatic way;
- advising an insurance company on a critical outsourcing, and negotiating the contracts underpinning the outsourcing arrangement. This involved considerable liaison with the business and project teams with a focus on supporting and consequential arrangements eg business continuity provision and arrangements for after the conclusion of the contract. The arrangements were also underpinned by the compliance requirements of Solvency II, including the delegated regulation and EOPIA level three guidelines on outsourcing, and the requirements of the FCA Handbook and PRA Rulebook; and
- preparing and reviewing a range of distribution agreements, including delegated underwriting authority agreements, appointed representative agreements and terms of business agreements between regulated parties. She has acted in these matters for both authorised representatives and regulated firms, for both provider and distributor in the transaction, and on multi-jurisdiction and multi-party arrangements. Advice has included on CASS, insurance risk transfer and delegated authority provisions.
- 'Artificial Intelligence: Useful – But Risky, Deloitte Survey Says', Law.com 5 November 2018
- 'Seeking solutions to 'price discrimination'', FT Adviser, 15 August 2018
- 'AI vs regulation: friends or foes?' The Lawyer Monthly, July 2018
- 'PSD2: What do we know about Strong Customer Authentication?' Compliance Monitor, March 2018
"Hardworking and helpful."