Rebecca specialises in Dispute Resolution. She specialises in advising clients on commercial litigation and debt recovery, as well as having experience in property disputes and prosecutions involving regulatory and health and safety matters.
She has experience in drafting correspondence and statements of case; preparing witness statements; managing both winding up and bankruptcy petitions; negotiating settlement agreements; securing Judgment Orders and the various enforcement options, such as Charging Orders and High Court Enforcement Orders.
Rebecca also has previous experience in managing people having worked within the firm as an Associate Paralegal for 3 years. Her current role includes providing technical supervision to a high performing team of paralegals who work on a variety of matters for both claimant and defendant.
- Attending a meeting and advising a local authority in relation to step-in rights, insolvency and liabilities following analysis of their funding agreements, and an agreement for a lease relating to European funding
- Providing advice on a dispute relating to a Party Wall Act award, easement for drainage and right to light implications.
- Providing a consumer-facing client preliminary advice for a potential class action breach of contract claim
- Advising a financial services client in relation to possession proceedings for banks, appointing Law of Property Act Receivers and preparing validation of appointment reports
- Advising an international commercial real estate leader on the implications, termination provisions and remedies following a high-value contractual dispute
- Analysis of a lease and drafting correspondence regarding a tenant's breach of their obligations and respective covenants.
- Assisting in two significant investigations into potential Corporate/Gross Negligence Manslaughter prosecutions in the construction and retail sector
- Advising a leading retailer in relation to the investigation and potential prosecution resulting in a fatality at a distribution centre.
- Assisting in preparation for a Newton Hearing relating to the prosecution of a PLC in the defence sector for breach of health and safety legislation
- Advising a high profile client in relation to obligations under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Assisting a client in the Rail Industry in relation to an ongoing investigation and potential prosecution.
"Has a multitude of talents including organisation, legal knowledge and great tenacity in helping to 'hold the proceedings' together".