Randy advises domestic and foreign businesses and the owners of those businesses on US and cross-border corporate and commercial transactions. He represents emerging and middle-market companies, including closely-held businesses, from the Southeastern United States and from Latin America, Europe and Asia. He also serves as outside US general counsel to many of his domestic and foreign based clients.
Randy has significant, in-country experience in Mexico and China. He cultivates and maintains extensive connections with leading law firms and legal practitioners in countries around the world to efficiently serve the cross-border business law needs of US domestic clients.
Randy’s practice areas include cross-border negotiated transactions; domestic and international mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures and strategic alliances; international business negotiations; general corporate advising; domestic and international corporate formation and reorganization; cross-border procurement, supply, distribution and sales representative agreements; and global supply chain legal requirements.
Through over 30 years of law firm and in-house practice, Randy has gained extensive experience representing clients in the Manufacturing and Retail and Consumer sectors. His clients come from a wide array of industries including furniture, textiles, motor vehicles, construction equipment, OEM/parts suppliers, commercial building supply, chemicals, medical products and consumer products. He also regularly advises service providers such as broadcasters, software testers and developers and insurance agencies.
Co-edited International Legal Developments In Review: 2009 for the American Bar Association’s Section of International Law
Civic and Professional Activities
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Member of Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
- Section of International Law
- Senior Advisor and Past Chair of the International Mergers and Acquisitions/Joint Ventures Committee
- Member of the Mexico Committee and China Committee
- Business Law Section
- Mexico Committee and Business Law Section
- Womble Bond Dickinson Representative, Lex Mundi Cross Border Transactions Practice Group
- International Bar Association
- Member of the Corporate and M&A Law Committee
- Member of the Closely Held and Growing Business Enterprises Committee
- Member of the Latin American Regional Forum
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Leadership Greensboro
- Nussbaum Center for Entrepreneurship
- United Arts Council of Greensboro
- Community Theatre of Greensboro
- The National MS Society
- The United Way
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2007 – Present
- Received the Best Lawyers™ Mergers and Acquisitions "Lawyer of the Year" award in Greensboro, North Carolina, 2012, 2017