Phil Gura has more than 30 years of experience helping companies manage privacy, data security, governance and regulatory compliance challenges. For the past 15 years, he has served as the Chief Legal Officer of major corporations, including Merchant Customer Exchange LLC (MCX), RaceTrac Petroleum Inc. and LaRoche Industries, Inc. His in-house experience includes managing and directing corporate governance, regulatory/compliance, privacy/ data security and intellectual property efforts.
Phil most recently served as Chief Legal Officer of Sionic Mobile Corporation, a cloud-based connected commerce company. In this role, Phil led partnership negotiations with major financial institutions, acquirers, automobile manufacturers, technology platform providers, and merchants.
Previously, he led the in-house legal team at Merchant Customer Exchange LLC, (MCX), where he built legal and compliance functions from the ground up for the company’s mobile payments platform. He also provided a wide range of other legal and business guidance to the company’s CEO and Board of Managers, working closely with the nation’s top retailers. Phil led the company’s efforts to acquire and sell major FinTech services and other technology assets. He also served as Head of Government Relations, leading MCX’s legislative education efforts.
- Georgia Bar Association
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
- “Girl Scouts File Trademark Against Rival Boy Scouts,” IPWatchdog, Dec. 27, 2018 (co-authored with Tiffani Otey).
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Executed master agreement with “Big Three” automobile manufacturer to provide real-time integration gateway services leveraging AI and machine-learning capabilities.
- Executed master agreement with emerging provider of telematic services to enable delivery of value-added services to consumers in their vehicles.
- Negotiated alliance with leading global financial services firm for the implementation of digital payment system.
- Led deal team to sell assets of MCX to a global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the US.