Peter is in our Projects & Procurement Team. Peter specialises in the property side of public sector projects, having advised a wide variety of public sector bodies including government departments, local authorities, NHS trusts, schools and colleges.
Peter has extensive experience acting on the acquisition and development of sites for mixed use development, including carrying out due diligence of complex sites and drafting and negotiating development agreements and agreements for sale.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Hartlepool Borough Council on the agreement to purchase and develop up to 80 residential homes from Keepmoat Homes. We advised the Council on the procurement and tax implications of the various proposed forms of structuring the deal, as well as advising on the agreement to draw down units on a phased basis over four distinct tranches
- Durham County Council on a collaboration agreement to be entered into with a neighbouring land owner for the promotion of their combined site for residential development. The collaboration agreement is for a 30 year period and includes the granting of cross options to secure each party's rights to share in the proceeds of sale of the other's land. The deal also includes Homes England funding and our work involved carrying out due diligence and providing certificates of title to satisfy the conditions precedent for the draw-down of Homes England funding
- Sunderland City Council on the redevelopment of the former Vaux Brewery site for mixed use purposes, including the development funding agreement and wrapper lease agreements to be entered into with the institutional funder
- Middlesbrough Council on the redevelopment of Centre Square, including the estate management agreements and lease and leaseback arrangements to be entered into with the developer
- Department for Education on its Priority Schools Building & School Rebuilding Programmes. When combined, both projects included carrying out large scale due diligence on over one hundred sites and advising on title matters and any other issues arising which would present development constraints for the redevelopment of those site
- City of York Council in relation to construction of the new York Community Stadium, including carrying out due diligence of the site and the appropriation of third party rights affecting the proposed development site.