Peter is an associate in the Projects & Procurement Team and specialises in the property side of public sector projects and education, having advised a wide variety of public sector bodies including local authorities, NHS trusts, schools, academy trusts and colleges.
Peter has acted on a large number of the team’s academy conversion schemes and transfers, advising governing bodies, local authorities, diocesan bodies, religious orders and the Department for Education on the commercial and property aspects of the academy conversion and free school process.
Peter is a trustee of a multi academy trust
Examples of experience include advising:
- Department for Education on their acquisition and development of sites for free schools, UTCs and studio schools
- Local authorities, schools and third party landowners on the property and commercial aspects of converting to an academy
- Sunderland City Council on the property arrangements in outsourcing its leisure services
- Warrington Borough Council on the property arrangements in outsourcing its care home provision to a new provider
- Diocesan bodies in relation to property matters.