Nadia focuses her practice on licensing/commercial contracts, privacy and advertising. She takes pride in helping clients advance business interests practically and creatively. Clients look to her to help buy and sell a variety of services, goods and software and to monetize IP, technology and other assets through licensing, including franchising and other co-ventures. She’s drafted and negotiated a broad range of complex contracts with both national and international reach, relating to both routine and strategic matters.
Nadia provides guidance on matters related to CCPA, HIPAA, COPPA, and FERPA compliance and other state and federal privacy, security and data breach laws in the U.S. Nadia acts as HIPAA privacy adviser both to the firm and clients.
Nadia assists national brands with advertising and digital marketing, sensibly trying to conform cutting edge ideas to legal frameworks that may not have kept pace with innovation.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Close complex patent and trademark licenses, high dollar enterprise-wide software licenses and other commercial agreements, including cross-border agreements with Europe, South America and Asia.
- Assist clients in varied industries implement and manage CCPA compliance with both customers and service providers.
- Assist both covered entities and business associates with managing their HIPAA privacy obligations and data breaches, and the implementation and use of electronic health records and health information technology.
- Advise US e-commerce websites on compliance with advertising, consumer protection and privacy laws and FTC guidance; support national brands on sweepstakes, contests, user generated content, social media campaigns, and other consumer promotions, product claims, endorsements, working with influencers and other advertising matters; advise on CAN SPAM compliance.
- Seconded as in-house attorney to major technology manufacturer to assist with mission-critical acquisitions and joint ventures involving hardware and software.
- Prepare and negotiate franchise disclosure documents and franchise agreements and advise on compliance with franchise and business opportunity laws.