Mason is an experienced trial lawyer who defends global clients in product liability litigation. His product liability expertise is rooted in his experience defending a Fortune Global 100 consumer products manufacturer in national tort litigation across the US. From the tobacco industry to the tech sector, clients trust Mason to handle their cases at all stages of litigation, from initial investigation to appeal. Mason partners with his clients to understand the science and technology behind their products to give better legal advice and advance their businesses in a highly regulated marketplace.
Mason also works with clients on the ground in the aftermath of catastrophic events, including explosions, fires, workplace injuries, and customer data loss. Mason frequently advises technology and manufacturing clients on workplace safety issues, including compliance with the latest CDC and OSHA guidance on COVID-19 issues.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Leadership Raleigh Class 36, 2017-2018
- Steering Committee Member, CAM/now, CAM Raleigh (Contemporary Art Museum)
- North Carolina Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Man of the Year Nominee, 2014
- Co-Chair, American Bar Association Section of Litigation Diversity and Young Lawyers Subcommittee, 2012-2013
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Regularly defends a Fortune Global 100 consumer products company in numerous personal injury and wrongful death cases across the country, with a focus on developing complex medical and scientific defense strategies and expert witnesses preparation
- Manages a portfolio of US product liability litigation for a Fortune Global 500 technology company, including management of other outside counsel
- Represented an international food manufacturer in OSHA inspection following an employee fatality related to COVID-19 exposure
- Defended a contractor against multi-million dollar construction defect claims in one of North Carolina’s largest multi-family project
- Defended a high-rise construction contractor against OSHA citations and civil claims resulting from numerous fatalities, resulting in settlement of OSHA citations and dismissal of all “willful” violations
- Advised a national bank on contractual, indemnification, and damages issues following a significant customer data loss
- Defended a UK-based general contractor against numerous tort claims following an alleged carbon monoxide poisoning incident
- Advised an international engineering firm on various contractual and indemnification issues for an arbitration pending in Chile