Marina is a versatile “planes, trains and automobiles” attorney who keeps the country – and the world – moving. Clients appreciate not only Marina’s focused and efficient guidance and results-oriented approach, but also her responsiveness and enthusiasm.
Marina’s practice focuses on financial transactions that encompass all types of equipment, including aircraft (corporate and commercial), rail equipment, vehicles (trucks and tractors/trailers), vessels, mining equipment, chemical manufacturing equipment, and solar energy installations, to name a few. She helps clients with the structuring, negotiation, documentation, and closing of commercial financing transactions.
Marina has wide-ranging experience representing lenders and lessors such as commercial banks, finance companies, independent equipment financing companies, and operating lessors in a variety of financing structures. Marina handles warehouse loan facilities and other structured financings, leases (true/tax motivated, finance, TRAC and synthetic), leveraged financings, and portfolio acquisitions and divestitures.
Prior to joining Womble, Marina practiced at large international firms in New York where she represented major commercial banks, energy companies, governmental entities, and industrial port operators, among others, in the United States and around the globe. She handled complex transactions that involved clients and operations in Europe, Central America, and Oman.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings), Banking & Finance Law, 2021 - Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented lender in connection with five syndicated term and revolving credit facilities in the aggregate amount of $209 million provided to a rail equipment holding and management company and its SPE subsidiaries.
- Represented commercial banks and equipment finance companies, as lessors, in negotiating and documenting a $73 million synthetic lease transaction with a subsidiary of a Fortune 500, multi-national healthcare enterprise involving construction and acquisition of four Gulfstream G280 aircraft.
- Represented a commercial bank client in connection with a portfolio divestiture in excess of $100 million.
- Coordinated a team of equipment finance attorneys working under very tight time restraints in completing due diligence on the underlying assets, documenting the transaction, and assisting the client with the closing.
- Represented lessor in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of titled motor vehicles from a national financial services company which were under a lease with the United States Postal Service.
- Represented an equipment finance arm of a commercial bank, as lender, in connection with an aircraft credit facility and closed the transaction within five business days.