Lisa heads up our construction & engineering practice in Scotland, specialising in dispute resolution for a wide variety of public and private sector clients. She has extensive experience in all forms of dispute resolution from adjudication and arbitration to litigation, mediation and other forms of ADR.
Lisa is particularly regarded for high value, complex adjudication matters acting for clients across the UK.
Lisa has an LLM in Construction Law, is a member of the Society of Construction Law and a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb).
Examples of experience include advising:
- Strategic advice on the resolution of disputes arising from the main suite of standard form contracts (including SBCC, NEC, G/C Works etc) as well as bespoke arrangements, appointments and collateral warranties. Particular experience in Hub Contracting
- Acts on behalf of contractors, subcontractors and Employers in connection with matters referred to adjudication, arbitration and litigation. Regularly instructed in connection with enforcement of adjudicator's awards.
- Acted for a variety of public sector clients in connection with disputes arising from the construction of office, laboratory and public realm buildings. Instructed by local authorities to provide advice and assistance in connection with construction disputes arising out of contracts for (amongst other things) flood defence works, construction of social housing, termination of contracts for failure to proceed regularly and diligently, landfill sites and renewable energy
- Provides advice and assistance in connection with the drafting and interpretation of building contracts, collateral warranties, appointments and associated ancillary documentation
- Housebuilder clients instruct Lisa in connection with all strategic disputes as a result of her pragmatic and commercial approach.
Lisa Dromgoole is "good at case management and presenting sound advice in a timely manner"
"Lisa Dromgoole handles contentious construction matters for a broad client base. She works with contractors, employers and public bodies on dispute resolution and dispute avoidance matters and regularly appears in the Sheriff Court and the Court of Session"
"Associate Lisa Dromgoole acts on a range of complex construction disputes and is described as "very calm, very measured" and "very efficient.""
"Senior associate Lisa Dromgoole is recommended for dispute resolution and avoidance"
"Associate Lisa Dromgoole is recommended for contentious matters; she has ‘knowledge backed with experience’, and is ‘easy to communicate with’"