Laura is an associate in the Restructuring and Insolvency team in Leeds.
Laura handles both contentious and non-contentious matters and acts for a variety of stakeholders including Insolvency Practitioners, creditors and directors.
Laura has experience advising on a wide range of insolvency matters, including general insolvency appointments, advice on the validity and enforceability of security, distressed asset sales, retention of title claims and the duties and conduct of directors.
Laura has a particular focus on asset recovery work and regularly assists insolvency practitioners with their investigations into a company's activities in the run up to insolvency and the recovery of assets for the benefit of creditors.
Laura also acts for the Insolvency Service, an executive agency of the Department for Business Innovation and Skills, in relation to the investigation and disqualification of directors and public interest winding up proceedings.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Joint liquidators of a large construction company in respect of various forensic investigations and subsequent legal proceedings, including misfeasance claims against the directors
- Joint Administrators in respect of a variety of appointment and post appointment trading issues and the disposal of company assets
- The Secretary of State for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy in relation to the investigation and disqualification of directors
- The Secretary of State Business Energy and Industrial Strategy in relation to public interest winding up proceedings against companies engaged in objectionable business practices
- The board of an engineering and contracting business in relation to the restructuring of the business and the board’s duties and responsibilities
- Lenders on the validity and enforceability of their security, the rectification of any deficiencies identified and, where appropriate, possible enhancements to security structures.