Krista is a solicitor and specialises in a wide range of commercial property transactions.
Prior to joining the firm on qualification in April 2016, Krista completed her Training Contract at a regional firm. Krista was previously a paralegal at the firm in the Real Estate department.
Krista has experience in landlord and tenant work including commercial freehold and leasehold acquisitions, disposals and property management work. Krista also acts for a variety of banks in relation to secured lending.
Examples of experience include:
- A local university in respect of a lease of premises comprising a former residential dwelling, land and car park for development to provide a new school of nursing in Devon
- A local town council on the disposal of their former Council offices in Cornwall
- A multi-national network infrastructure provider based in the United States on its property holdings in the UK including all aspects of asset management work. Krista has recently completed an Agreement for Lease conditional on the satisfactory completion of landlord works in respect of premises which form part of Council offices in Gloucestershire
- A local authority in respect of their portfolio of investment properties, including the enforceability of restrictive covenants affecting some of its land and various landlord and tenant matters such as lease renewals, surrenders and granting licences to assign and carry out works
- An institutional lender on the finance of a hotel on the Isles of Scilly
- A financial services client on the property aspects of refinancing a site which comprised common land, including advice about a boundary discrepancy, and
- A local university in connection with the disposal of some land for use as a playing field.