Krista is an Associate and specialises in a wide range of commercial property transactions.
Krista has experience in landlord and tenant work including commercial freehold and leasehold acquisitions, disposals and property management work. Krista also acts for a variety of banks in relation to secured lending.
Examples of experience include:
- A local university in respect of a lease of premises comprising a former residential dwelling, land and car park for development to provide a new school of nursing in Devon
- A local town council on the disposal of their former Council offices in Cornwall
- A multi-national network infrastructure provider based in the United States on its property holdings in the UK including all aspects of asset management work. Krista has recently completed an Agreement for Lease conditional on the satisfactory completion of landlord works in respect of premises which form part of Council offices in Gloucestershire
- A local authority in respect of their portfolio of investment properties, including the enforceability of restrictive covenants affecting some of its land and various landlord and tenant matters such as lease renewals, surrenders and granting licences to assign and carry out works
- An institutional lender on the finance of a hotel on the Isles of Scilly
- A financial services client on the property aspects of refinancing a site which comprised common land, including advice about a boundary discrepancy, and
- A local university in connection with the disposal of some land for use as a playing field.
"We are immensely grateful to Krista and the whole team at Bond Dickinson for their support in securing the lease for our charity shop. The transaction was handled with the highest level of professionalism and the whole process felt seamless. We are delighted with the successful outcome and to be opening our very first charity shop."
"Some may say job done and paid for but you did it with such a human touch. Thank you for dealing with our matter with such care and compassion. We are truly grateful."
"The lease negotiated by and secured by Krista McCarthy provides us with a base for the next 21 years, enabling the organisation to continue it's vital work with children. It has been a great pleasure working with Krista and we felt in very safe and competent hands, confident that we were receiving the very best advice and representation."