Kathryn is an experienced real estate lawyer with an established reputation in the Yorkshire housebuilding sector.
Kathryn acts for national and regional housebuilders on all aspects of the acquisition of both immediate and strategic land for residential development.
Kathryn has particular expertise in major development schemes of brownfield sites involving multiple housebuilders and complex collaboration aspects.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Multiple housebuilders in connection with land acquisition for 150+ homes on former colliery sites, involving complicated collaboration aspects and, enabling infrastructure provision, phasing, deferred payments, funding and overage
- A national housebuilder in connection with the purchase of a greenfield site involving problematical highway and drainage issues
- A registered provider in connection with a convoluted title structure in relation to its proposed build to rent high rise quayside development
- A regional housebuilder converting a partially sold long leasehold development to a freehold ownership whilst continuing to sell plots at the same time
- A landowner in connection with a strategic option site where some quite difficult issues arose in connection with preserving the development potential of our client's retained land and the proposed developer's planning obligations.