Jon is a costs lawyer who trained and qualified with the firm. He has over 13 years' experience in all aspects of contentious and non-contentious costs.
Jon provides advice and support on costs issues to litigation, private client and company and commercial clients. He also advises on costs issues in Court of Protection Matters. He also regularly advises on alternative funding issues, including conditional fee agreements. Jon has experience in dealing with costs management conferences and detailed assessment hearings.
Jon is a tutor for student members of the Association of Costs Lawyers. He also provides training and legal updates both in-house and to external clients on all costs related matters.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Northern Powergrid advising on technical issues with opponent’s conditional fee agreement resulting in the opponent being unable to recover costs against our client.
- British Gas preparation of a bill of costs in excess of £250,000 and advising on settlement parameters
- Jemella – Preparation of costs budget for high value intellectual property claim and advising on contents of opponents budget
- QBE – advising on the costs of a litigant in person leading to a settlement of £40,000 on costs originally claimed of £376,159.58
- The Insolvency Service – in relation to the preparation of bills of costs in a significant number of their cases and advising on settlement parameters.