Jo has extensive experience of all aspects of professional indemnity claims including policy coverage. She has an excellent understanding of client needs and objectives and adopts a commercial and client-driven approach based on over 20 years' experience in the professional indemnity and insurance fields.
Jo specialises in advising defendants and insurers on all aspects of claims against solicitors, insurance brokers, accountants, financial advisers and tax advisers.
Examples of experience include:
- Advising on complex and high-value claims against solicitors, insurance brokers, accountants, tax advisers and financial advisers, often involving numerous allegations of breach and complex causation issues
- Advising on and negotiating the settlement of claims against licensed conveyancers under the Council for Licensed Conveyancers Scheme with a particular focus on proportionate and cost-effective dispute resolution
- Advising on regulatory aspects of claims against financial advisers and providing advice and assistance regarding complaints referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service and FCA investigations
- Advising on and conducting various forms of ADR including negotiation, mediation, arbitration and early neutral evaluation and formulating and advising on strategy in that regard
- Advising on and conducting all aspects of litigation including interlocutory applications.