James is part of the operational property division of the real estate group and specialises in acting for large retail occupiers in managing their real estate portfolios as well as representing investors in their full property life cycle, from acquisition through to management of the asset and disposal. James is also experienced in the secured lending process over real estate portfolios from acquisition to re-financing.
His experience extends to retail store acquisition and expansion in pre-let development agreements for lease and managing lease renewals and assignments to and from other retailers as well as lease negotiation, corporate support real estate transactional advice and leading on site acquisitions up to a value of £5m.
- Specsavers on an expansion and simultaneous subletting of part to a third party retailer in the north of England
- New Look on a pre-let store acquisition subject to a landlord CPO in the midlands
- The AA on new office and storage premises acquisitions
- Historic England on their Swindon office relocation
- A national pension fund in lease regears, relocations and new lettings in Macclesfield
- On a multi-let office block acquisition in Bourne End, Surrey for a non-listed property company.