Jade joined the Property Disputes team upon qualification in October 2022. Prior to joining WBD, Jade's experience primarily focused on residential property litigation matters, including boundary disputes and possession claims, and private client work. She worked in the conveyancing department for a year during the Stamp Duty holiday and is well versed in reviewing title issues. Jade also had some exposure to a number of commercial property litigation matters.
Whilst at Cardiff University, Jade completed a professional placement year dealing with NHS Continuing Healthcare claims during which she managed her own caseload of over 80 files. Jade was labelled as a 'top performer' over many consecutive months.
Jade now specialises in commercial property litigation, advising clients in relation to a wide range of commercial property disputes. These include landlord and tenant matters (under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 such as lease terminations and renewals, dilapidations, lease covenants and recovery of arrears) and wider property issues including easements (including rights of light, rights of support and rights of access), option agreements, title issues, restrictive covenants and interpretation of contracts.
Examples of experience include:
- Acting for major high street retailers, and other clients, on opposed and non-opposed lease renewals and termination under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Advising on disputes over rights of light, rights of support and rights of way
- Advising on repossession on the ground of trespass
- Advising on enforcement of lease covenants, including interpretation of covenants and service of notices requiring remedial action
- Assisting landlords with portfolio management where possession is required to carry out redevelopment work.