Jackie specialises in real estate and has extensive experience in acting for landlord clients on both multi let buildings such as retail centres and offices, as well as more complex matters involving larger sites such as science parks. Jackie also acts for some tenant clients in the transport sector in securing new sites to be used as bus depots.
In addition, Jackie acts for developer clients and has experience in dealing with options, acquisitions, disposals and overage. She also has experience of dealing with investment disposals and acquisitions, as well as assisting with larger corporate transactions, and more general real estate matters.
Historically, Jackie has acted for banking clients with regard to secured lending matters; has advised pension providers on SIPP and SSAS investment acquisitions and disposals; and has had much experience with new build properties; acting for both large national house builders and sellers of new build commercial units, as well as purchasers. Jackie also has vast experience in dealing with general residential transactions, having been a residential conveyancer for a number of years before turning her hand to commercial work.
- The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council/UK Research and Innovation – general asset management of its land holding since 2010 including the grant and surrender of leases including some complex, long term letting arrangements, disposals to developers and others, securing of overage, granting of easements
- The University of Portsmouth – the acquisition of two separate buildings in connection with the expansion of the university campus and facilities as part of an ongoing project
- RATP UK Ltd – securing a complex new site within very tight timeframes to facilitate an additional fleet of buses following on from the client securing a new bus route. This involved a simultaneous surrender of its existing lease of smaller premises
- Investment Fund Managers – ongoing general asset management of retail shopping centres owned by numerous investment fund managers, including the grant of new leases, re-gears, renewals, surrenders and relocations, in addition, a recent disposal of a shopping centre
- A family trust – a very complex and bespoke option to dispose of a large parcel of land with a focus on a collaborative approach as between the land owners and the developer to facilitate sustainable housing