Hillary focuses her practice on defending clients in commercial litigation matters, with an emphasis on breach of contract and business tort actions. She regularly represents clients in the healthcare, retail, , and wealth management industries in Maryland’s state and federal courts and at alternative dispute resolution proceedings. She serves as a trusted adviser throughoutall phases of litigation, from preliminary investigations through appeals.
- Co-Author, New Rule Governing Retirement Advice Shakes Up Traditional Broker Compensation, THE DAILY RECORD, April 7, 2016.
- Implementing Article 32 on the Convention on the Rights of the Child as a Domestic Statute Protecting Children from Abusive Labor Practices, 44 CASE WES. J. INT'L L. 921 (2012).
Civic and Professional Activities
- Junior League of Baltimore
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings), Commercial Litigation, 2023
- Selected to the Maryland Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) in Business Litigation, 2020 – 2021
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defended an investment management firm in a breach of contract and fiduciary action in the Seventh Circuit resulting in dismissal and affirmed on appeal.
- Defended a national insurance carrier in a breach of contract action resulting in summary judgment and affirmed on appeal.
- Represented an investment management firm in matters before FINRA and related litigation in the Third Circuit resulting in favorable settlement.
- Represented a manufacturer in a tort matter resulting in favorable settlement prior to commencement of litigation.
- Represented a manufacturer in a monopolization and trade secret misappropriation action resulting in summary judgment and which was affirmed on appeal.