Helen is an Associate (FCILEx) in the Construction and Engineering team specialising in non-contentious transactional matters.
Helen's experience includes drafting and negotiating amendments to standard form construction and engineering contracts from the JCT, NEC3 and NEC4 suites including preparing all ancillary and security documents. She regularly provides client advice in preparing, negotiating and issuing consultant appointments, collateral warranties and novation documents as and when required.
Examples of experience include advising:
- The Department for Education – legal advisor to the Commercial and Technical teams relating to construction contracts procured on existing and new frameworks
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Trust – on a number of refurbishment projects at Darlington Memorial Hospital
- Teesside University – on various projects under the University's Campus Masterplan including providing advice on NEC3 Contracts procured under existing Frameworks
- Private developers - negotiating JCT 2016 Contracts, professional team appointments, collateral warranties and novation documents on a range of refurbishment projects for various London developers
- Durham University – advising on several projects under the University's Strategy including negotiating Pre-Construction Services Agreements, NEC4 Contracts and associated ancillary documents.