Gareth is a Chartered Fellow of the Personal Finance Society, with over 20 years’ experience in advising clients on various financial planning matters.
Alongside his advanced financial adviser qualifications, Gareth is also an Affiliate member of STEP (The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners), which builds on the full range of services offered by the in-house lawyers and tax experts within Womble Bond Dickinson’s Private Wealth team.
Gareth specialises in providing advice to individuals, trusts and companies on a broad range of financial matters. He enjoys building long term and trusted relationships with his clients in order to deliver well-rounded and flexible advice.
Frequent areas of work include pensions and retirement advice, inheritance tax planning and investment portfolio reviews. He regularly works closely with other professional advisers, such Solicitors, Accountants, Corporate Finance Managers, Stockbrokers and Land Agents, to collaboratively embrace planning areas such as Trust structures, offshore investments and commercial property purchases via pension funds.
- Advising clients on the withdrawal of retirement benefits from their pension arrangements, including the use of bespoke annuities and carefully managed income drawdown strategies
- Helping clients and their families understand the implications of Inheritance Tax (IHT) and advising on the options to help preserve and control the flow of wealth for the benefit of future generations, including the use of Trusts, tax privileged investments and charitable legacies
- Advising entrepreneurs and business owners on the accumulation and protection of their personal wealth, including the use of tax effective remuneration strategies and life assurance arrangements
- Advice to help executives transition from work into retirement. This often involves advising business owners during the process of selling their company, integrating with the acting accountant, lawyer and corporate finance team
- Helping clients to better organise and proactively review their overall financial arrangements, thereby ensuring investments and policies remain fit for purpose and best positioned for day-to-day tax issues.