*Denise Ray is not licensed to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law.
Denise Ray is an experienced patent agent. She handles domestic and foreign patent prosecution and preparation in the areas of biotechnology, pharmacology and life sciences.
Denise understands both the scientific and patent needs of clients. With a Ph.D. in immunology and more than 10 years of medical research experience in the immunology and cancer biology fields, Denise’s technical background allows her to understand and communicate complex technologies.
Denise works with clients in the areas of cancer therapies, antibody technology and therapies, microRNAs, agricultural biotechnology, vaccines, transgenic animals, therapies for autoimmune disease, genetics, genome editing techniques and stem cell biology. Denise has represented small and large biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, medical centers and universities.
Before becoming a patent agent, Denise was a post-doctoral fellow at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences where she was awarded the Fellows Award for Research Excellence for her research on breast cancer cell metastasis.
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Triangle Intellectual Property Law Association
- Recipient, Fellows Award for Research Excellence, NIH
- Finalist, Wallace O. Fenn Award, best thesis, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Melville A. Hare Award for Excellence in Research, University of Rochester
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Prepared and prosecuted multiple, accelerated examination patent applications in the United States and globally.
- Manages global patent portfolios for pharmaceutical clients.
- Worked with a start-up biotechnology company to plan and implement their initial patent filing strategy.
- Successfully prosecuted an ex-parte reexamination for a leading vaccine company.
- Co-authored more than 15 scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals.