Craig has over 20 years' experience in real estate work, acting for a variety of clients, in a number of sectors. He specialises in all aspects of commercial property work, with a particular emphasis on property finance. He regularly acts for a wide variety of lenders, insolvency practitioners, investors, developers, property receivers, public bodies, charities, education institutions, registered providers and commercial clients.
Craig leads the 20-strong real estate team based in Plymouth, and heads our property finance work nationally. He led on the property elements of the Game administration following the collapse of the retailer, which had over 600 shops. In addition he led on the property receivership of a portfolio of over 120 pubs and the property receivership of a portfolio of over 650 buy-to-let properties. Other recent experience includes acting for a client on a conditional sale to a supermarket chain, an option to acquire commercial premises, acquisition of a disused airfield, a sale and leaseback of an office and factory complex, rationalisation of a leasehold estate, acquisition of headquarter offices (including extensive overage provisions), estate management work in connection with a distribution centre and office park, student accommodation, residential leasehold enfranchisement, the acquisition of a ship building facility and even the purchase of a cemetery.
Craig has acted for a number of lenders on multi-funded projects and inter-creditor issues, syndicated facilities and sole lender assignments, as well as turnaround and business support matters.
Craig also lectures nationally on a wide variety of commercial property and property finance matters and is regularly praised by clients and peers alike for his considerable experience and commercial approach.
- Property insolvency – leading the team on the receiverships of over 5,000 properties, from single property assignments to multi property matters. The work has varied from high value distributorship parks and industrial estates to small value lock-up units, and from exclusive residential properties in Sandbanks to a variety of terraced properties
- Property finance – Craig has led the team on the security work on properties worth more than £600 million. The variety of properties cover all sectors and types, and whether the facility is bilateral or syndicated with a number of lenders
- Commercial real estate – acting for British International Helicopters in connection with the conditional sale of Penzance Heliport to Sainsbury's
- Social housing and regeneration – acting for Plymouth Community Homes, the Homes and Communities Agency and English Cities Fund on a number of regeneration projects
- Education – acting for a number of higher education, further education and academies in connection with a variety of property matters.
"The service is high quality"
"Very quick to deal with things, approachable and professional."
"He is responsive, quick and can always come up with a solution – more so than any lawyer I've met."
"Known for being very customer-focussed"