Chris leads the Scottish Banking team which covers real estate finance (investment and development), corporate lending, acquisition finance, asset based lending, securitisation, bond issues and restructuring.
He has over 15 years of experience acting for borrowers and lenders (including clearing banks, investment banks, investment funds and insurance companies) on a range of Scottish, English and cross-border transactions.
Chris advises on Scots and English law financings and previously worked at Eversheds Sutherland in Edinburgh, Freshfields and Morgan Stanley in London and Minter Ellison in Melbourne.
Examples of experience include advising:
- RBS in relation the facilities for Liverpool Football Club put in place upon their acquisition by New England Sports Ventures (immediately following the High Court litigation involving the former owners) and the subsequent refinancing
- the lender(s) on various real estate financings including:
- Gleneagles Hotel
- the Omni Shopping Centre in Edinburgh
- Princes Exchange in Edinburgh
- new YOTELs in Glasgow and Edinburgh
- Miton Global Opportunities plc in relation to their new facilities with RBSI
- Triodos in relation to the facilities made available for the new Riverside TV studios in London
- Greencoat Capital on the finance aspects of its acquisition of a portfolio of solar generation assets from Canadian Solar
- N Brown Group plc on a £625million securitisation and revolving capital facility secured by group receivables
- Gresham House plc on the finance aspects of its acquisition of the fund and investment management business of Livingbridge
- acted for Phoenix Equity Partners on the term and revolving credit facilities made available to fund the acquisition of the Forest Holidays Group.