Andrew is a projects and procurement lawyer with over 13 years' experience of advising on public sector contracts and public procurement.
His areas of focus are PFI handback, heat networks, leisure and waste.
Examples of experience include advising:
- on PFI handback arrangements in order to maximise the benefits for clients and mitigate procurement and contractual risk
- on the renegotiation of a number of major PFI contracts
- funders to the successful bidders on a number of PPP schemes
- a bidder on its bid for a PPP in central Europe (the first PPP in the country)
- a bidder on its successful bid to deliver a private patient unit within an NHS hospital.
Heat Networks and Decarbonisation
- the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy on guidance for local authorities on the procurement of finance for heat networks
- a number of local authorities on the procurement of heat networks including advice on procurement and commercial structuring
- a local authority on its park and ride contract including the introduction of ultra-low emission buses.
- City of York Council on its award winning community stadium project and transfer of a number of leisure facilities
- Barrow in Furness Borough Council and South Holland District Council on the transfer of their leisure services
- a range of local authorities on managing the impact of COVID-19 on their leisure arrangements.
- Hereford and Worcester Councils on a variation to their circa £900 million waste PFI scheme to deliver an EfW facility
- Wrexham County Borough Council on a variation to its waste PPP in order to deliver savings and higher recycling rates
- a middle eastern municipality on the structure and contract for its EfW PPP.
"Andrew is an exceptionally bright motivated professional with a keen grasp of both the legal and commercial aspects of his specialist field."