Andrew is a projects and procurement lawyer with over 11 years' experience of advising on public sector contracts and public procurement. His clients include private sector, public sector (including central and local government and universities) and funders.
He ensures contractual and procurement documentation is robust so projects deliver commercially and are resilient to challenge. As well as developing new projects he has worked extensively renegotiating contracts in order to find savings for clients. He acts as project manager in order to manage deliver projects on time and within budget.
Andrew has spoken at national conferences regarding procuring and renegotiating PPP contracts and written articles on the same.
Examples of experience include advising:
Heat Networks and Decarbonisation
- the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy on guidance for local authorities on the procurement of finance for heat networks
- a number of local authorities on the procurement of heat networks including advice regarding procurement and commercial structuring
- City of York Council on its park and ride contract including the introduction of ultra-low emission buses
- City of York Council on its award winning community stadium project and transfer of number of leisure facilities
- Barrow in Furness Borough Council and South Holland District Council on the transfer of their leisure services
- a local authority on procurement and commercial structuring its proposed community stadium procurement
- a university on the procurement of project financed student accommodation project
- funders to the successful bidder on a number of street lighting PFI schemes
- advising a bidder on its bid for a PPP in central Europe (the first PPP in the country)
- a bidder on its successful bid to deliver a private patient unit within an NHS hospital
- two local authorities on a variation to their circa £900 million waste PFI scheme to deliver an energy from waste facility
- local authority on a variation to its waste PPP in order to introduce an additional project financed facility delivering savings and higher recycling rates
- a middle eastern municipality the structure and contract for its energy from waste PPP.
"Andrew is an exceptionally bright motivated professional with a keen grasp of both the legal and commercial aspects of his specialist field."