Alistair specialises in advising retailers and corporate occupiers on the management of their operational portfolios.
He has considerable experience of advising retail chains on their acquisition and disposal programmes, leading teams in dealing with the management of their portfolios and advising on key strategic acquisitions for corporate occupiers. Alistair is a member of REVO, BRC and is former chairman of the Southampton Property Association. He supports the Property Managers Association and has presented at PMA conferences in the past as well as on seminars in Europe on retail property leases. He also has extensive experience of acquiring Head Office premises for large corporates specifically in London.
- Kingfisher and B&Q on the acquisition of a portfolio over 30 Focus (DIY) stores for B&Q from the administrators of Focus (DIY) and the ongoing advising of B&Q with regards to its wider portfolio
- TJX UK on its initial HomeSense store roll out and the continued management of the TK Maxx store portfolio
- New Look, GAP, Footlocker and Specsavers with their operational store portfolio requirements and acting for New Look on the pre-let and acquisition of its new flag ship store in Oxford Street
- House of Fraser on its property requirements
- Decathlon on its entry into the UK market and its store roll out programme.
“Sources describe Alistair Walton as an ‘absolutely terrific’ and ‘approachable’ lawyer.”