Alan specialises in advising insolvency practitioners, directors, lenders, businesses and individuals on a range of restructuring and insolvency issues.
Alan advises clients bringing and defending antecedent and other claims arising out of an insolvency. He has specific expertise in cross border asset recovery issues particularly in the US, Australia, Asia and Europe.
Alan also advises clients on a range of restructuring assignments, the sale and purchase of insolvent businesses, COMI issues and the recognition of foreign insolvency proceedings.
Alan has specific expertise in advising insolvency practitioners and law firms facing financial difficulties.
Previous experience within other law firms include:
- Various law firms in connection with their financial difficulties to include sales of the businesses by the Administrators and appointment as Joint Solicitor Manager
- The Assignee of a multi-million breach of duty claim in relation to claims against directors of a construction company following the loss of circa £2.8m of customer deposits
- A restructuring assignment of a technology group with significant high value IP in the UK, Far East and US to include placing a US subsidiary into administration in the UK and Chapter 15 recognition in the US and s363 approval of a prospective sale
- Recognition and disclosure applications in relation to three Israeli Companies subject to a £5m global Ponzi Scheme
- The Liquidator in relation to a £2m tax avoidance claim that resulted in a settlement of more than 70% of the claim value and a significant dividend to creditors.
"A very knowledgeable, commercial and pragmatic lawyer."
"Exceptional in his guidance."
"Something of a legend in the market."