There are 16 million disabled people in the UK, with 23% of working-age adults being disabled people. Most disabilities are non-visible.
To mark International Day of Disabled Persons and Disability History Month, which take place in December every year, Womble Bond Dickinson (supported by the Law Society) invite you to hear our panel discuss a number of important topics, including:
- what do we mean by disability and disabled
- why can it seem like a neglected area for inclusion work
- why disability matters to your firm, in-house team or organisation
- ways in which you can improve disability representation.
You will hear from:
- Alex Wilson - Head of Legal - Nordics, Belgium and Luxembourg, CBRE and Law Society Council Member for disabled solicitors
- Chris Seel - Diversity & Inclusion Adviser and disability lead at the Law Society
- Jessica Tresham - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Board Sponsor at Womble Bond Dickinson
- Michelle Essen - WBD Disability Network Chair at Womble Bond Dickinson
- Placida Ojinnaka - Committee member, Law Society's Disabled Solicitors Network
- Sally Dallow - WBD Disability Network Champion at Womble Bond Dickinson.