Will is a partner in the firm’s Winston-Salem, NC office. He is an experienced regulatory and trial attorney who represents clients who own prominent branded products that are regulated by FDA. He assists clients on a wide range of state and federal regulatory matters, compliance counseling, enforcement actions, product liability litigation, and new product development offerings.
Will has extensive experience in counseling clients where understanding complex scientific issues related to a client’s branded products is critical to providing effective legal advice and executing on company business strategies.
He has assisted clients in preparing large complex FDA regulatory submissions and routinely provides legal advice on the development of clinical study protocols, informed consent forms, investigative product development efforts, and study subject recruiting advertisements.
Presentations and Publications
- For the Books: Appellate Cases of Note: NC Court of Appeals Rules Defendants Are Not “Insulated” from the Burden of Proving Contributory Negligence – Muteff v. Invacare Corp. (NCADA, The Resource, Feb. 2012)
- The Jury’s Back .... Are You Ready for the Punitive Damages Phase?, NCADA, The Defender, Vol. XVIII No. 1 / Spring/Summer 2011
- Challenges for Cause in Jury Selection, NCADA’s Fall Meeting, October 14, 2011
- Defending Punitive Damages at Trial, NCADA’s 34th Annual Meeting, June 16-19, 2011
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Law School Liaison Committee
- Forsyth County Bar Association.
- Board Member, YMCA Camp Hanes
- Member, North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings) in the fields of Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2018 – Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Trial counsel in a 5-week bench trial where he defended a branded product against claims brought by a consortium of State Attorneys General that the brand was advertised in a false/misleading fashion. (State of Vermont v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company.)
- Trial counsel in five Florida state court product liability trials: (Gray v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company et al.; Alexander v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company et al.; Warrick v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company et al.; Bowman v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company et al.; Sury v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company et al.)
- Lead arbitration counsel in a contract dispute over the indemnity provisions of corporate acquisition involving branded signage.