Suzy's area of expertise is probate and estate administration. She also deals with general private client work including wills, trusts, inheritance tax planning and lasting powers of attorney.
Suzy is a full member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and a committee member of the STEP, Bristol branch.
- administering high net worth estates which include businesses (business property relief), including Lloyds underwriters investments, agricultural assets (agricultural property relief) and trust interests
- dealing with cross border estates for UK and non-UK domiciled deceased persons and the resealing of foreign grants for UK purposes
- negotiating inheritance tax clearance, acceptance in lieu applications, conditional exemptions with HMRC
- income tax and capital gains tax compliance including the trust registration service
- providing ongoing will trust advice
- drafting deeds of variation and trust documentation
- advising individuals on lifetime giving and the protection of wealth through the use of tax efficient wills
- advising individuals on property and financial affairs and health and welfare lasting powers of attorney and advanced decisions.