*Sharon Salcedo is not licensed to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in the firm’s Winston-Salem office.
As a Nurse Consultant, Sharon works with clients and their legal teams to provide medical information in support of litigation goals. Sharon reviews and analyzes medical records to identify key defense points, and prepare material for expert witness review, medical case summaries, medical expense analyses and damages assessments. She helps in the development of plaintiff and treater deposition outlines in an easy to follow format, and with clear explanation of complicated medical issues. Sharon has experience in multiple types of litigation, including toxic torts, environmental exposures, and personal injury cases.
She is bilingual and helps with translation of medical records from Spanish to English. Sharon has been a nurse since 1983, with extensive experience in cardiac care and critical care nursing. She has also worked in ob-gyn, neonatal nursing, preoperative anesthesia and worker’s compensation case management. She joined the Firm in 2004. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from Winston-Salem State University.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Participated in the defense of claims arising from alleged exposure to chemical, environmental and groundwater releases.
- Performed medical records analysis for identification of defense points, alternate causation and contributing factors of various claims, including respiratory, gastrointestinal and neuropsychological. Performed medical records analysis and identification of defense points in personal injury claims, including catastrophic events, arising from industrial explosions and fires.
- Evaluated medical claims and identified defense points, alternate causation and contributing factors in claims of Reactive Airway Dysfunction Syndrome (RADS) arising from alleged exposure to mold and/or workplace emissions.
- Performed medical records analysis for identification of defense points, alternate causation and contributing factors in personal injury claims against counties and municipalities, including brain, cardiac and orthopedic injuries.
- Provided potential alternative causation defenses for claims (including wrongful death) in dietary supplement litigation.