Sarah is an Associate in the Construction and Engineering team and specialises in non-contentious/transactional construction matters. She has a broad range of experience acting for a wide variety of clients including local authorities, commercial developers, national house builders, residential developers/social housing providers, contractors and institutional lenders. She also has experience in dealing with energy projects including energy from waste and biomass plant projects.
Sarah drafts, negotiates and advises on a wide range of construction documents including building contracts, appointments, collateral warranties and bonds and guarantees. She has experience dealing with bespoke and standard form construction contracts including JCT, NEC, IChemE and MF1.
Sarah has acted for clients on projects ranging from small redevelopments to large scale building projects including shopping centres, a football stadium and significant residential development schemes.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Town Centre Securities PLC in relation to the construction aspects of the development and refurbishment of Leeds City Council’s offices at Merrion House, Leeds (£20 million), Merrion Hotel and Whitehall Plaza
- City of York Council on a consultant framework agreement and on the new Community Stadium and Leisure Services Project (value £37 million) which involves a DBOM Contract and includes a commercial development
- The construction contractor in relation to a 6 phase residential development including registered social housing
- Wykeland Beverley Limited in relation to the preparation of tenant collateral warranties as well as advising on the whole package of construction documents in relation to the £40 million refinancing of the development
- A funder on the suite of construction documents in relation to a £2 million industrial project
- Cleveland Bridge in relation to a £49 million variation to a significant government contract in Sri Lanka
- An international petrochemical manufacturer on a building contract based on the IChemE Red Book
- A number of well-known retail clients in relation to the construction aspects of agreements for lease, contracts for store development and fit out, conveyor systems framework contracts and generally supporting their in house legal teams
- A multi-national construction company in relation to the construction contract for a major highways infrastructure project.