Sammy is a member of the corporate team with experience in a range of corporate work.
She trained with the firm and moved into the corporate department on qualification where she has worked on a wide range of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures and group reorganisations.
Sammy acts for companies across a number of sectors, with a particular focus on Energy and Natural Resources. Sammy has recently spent time on secondment to Vitol, advising on a variety of commercial agreements, joint venture arrangements and asset and share sales and acquisitions and has previously been seconded to Nexen Petroleum UK Limited (now CNOOC Petroleum Europe), where she advised on procurement, commercial and oil and gas industry agreements and policies.
Examples of experience include advising:
- RWE Npower on its £218m sale of Gas Plus Supply Limited and Electricity Plus Supply Limited to Telecom Plus plc
- Vitol SA on its joint venture arrangements relating to the provision of fuel supply and storage services to the project financed Kpone/Cenpower 350MV combined cycle gas turbine plant
- Vitol SA and affiliates on acquisitions, investments and corporate joint ventures in oil and gas related projects in Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire and other jurisdictions
- Noble Energy, Inc on the reorganisation of its UK subsidiaries and disposal of UKCS interests
- Piper Private Equity on investments in retail and restaurant groups including Orlebar Brown, Hickory's Smokehouse, Forthglade Foods, Propercorn, Barking Heads, Flat Iron steak restaurants, Neom and Mindful Chef