A graduate in statistics, Roy has 30 years’ experience in financial services. He previously worked on the distribution side of the industry for several life offices before, becoming an independent financial advisor in 1995. Roy provides both personal advice to individuals and trustees and corporate advice and guidance to employers and pension scheme trustees. Personal advice includes investments, pensions and protection. Corporate advice to employers includes complying with auto enrolment legislation, reviewing ongoing appropriateness of existing pension arrangements and protecting the business from the death or serious illness of key employees or directors. Guidance to pension scheme trustees is for both defined benefit schemes and defined contribution schemes on the ever-challenging funding issues (defined benefit) and need for reviewing existing governance procedures.
Roy has a number of industry recognised qualifications, including:
- FPMI – Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute
- FPFS – Fellow of the Personal Finance Society
- Chartered MSCI – Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
- CFPCM – Certified Financial PlannerCM
- Chartered Financial Planner
The diversity of Roy's qualifications reflects the level of experience in both the holistic financial planning market (personal clients) and the corporate financial planning market (executives, shareholders and businesses).
- Business Planning – a family owned business were seeking to “generation plan” and pass the shareholding down from the founder generation to the next generation. Roy worked with the legal and tax advisors to provide guidance to the shareholders on the cost of implementing insurance products to protect both generations of the family against unnecessary tax that could have occurred on an unexpected death
- Retirement Planning – with the significant changes introduced to pension plans from April 2015, Roy has provided guidance and advice to a number of people on fully utilising their new pension entitlements in a tax efficient and prudent manner
- Final Salary Pension Scheme Actuarial Valuation – Roy provided advice to an employer on the draft actuarial valuation that had been prepared by the scheme actuary, including liaising with the scheme trustees and scheme actuary on revising initial assumptions to provide a more balanced and affordable recovery plan for the employer
- Investment Advice – Roy was contacted by the Trustees of a long established trust to review the existing investments and holdings for continuing suitability and appropriateness. This resulted in a number of changes being made to the trust holdings to potentially improve the longer term investment returns secured on the trust holdings, whilst also ensuring the investments were structured in a flexible manner that could be accessed by the trustees to release to the beneficiaries over time
- Pension Scheme Governance and Employee Presentations – Roy was recently asked by an employer to assist with the in house review on their existing employee benefits, including the pension scheme. Roy assisted the employer with meeting the revised guidelines from The Pensions Regulator on scheme governance. Roy also presented communication workshops to a number of the employees on the new flexible pension scheme opportunities available from April 2015.
"EEA investment has had problems but Roy Davidson was straight on to this and advised us how to proceed, I have followed his advice and my complaint is in the system."
"As you will have noticed you have ALL got TOP marks. With many thanks to you and your team."
"Very happy with the support/service and advice."