Bob is a go-to litigator that clients want on their team when faced with complex and high-stakes business litigation. With nearly 30 years of experience fighting claims of business fraud and other commercial disputes, he is sought after for being inventive, tenacious, and candid.
Lending institutions, financial service providers, and insurance companies choose Bob to defend them in individual and class action litigation regarding consumer finance laws, financial products, and sales practices. He also represents directors and officers, accountants, broker-dealers, issuers, and shareholders in cases involving all aspects of the state and federal securities and corporate governance laws, including corporate control contests and internal investigations.
Additionally, Bob has been lead counsel defending scores of directors and officers in lawsuits brought by shareholders and government entities.
- Georgia Civil Procedure Forms, LEXIS Law Publishing, 2017
- Georgia Pretrial Practice Guide, LEXIS Law Publishing, 2017
- The Class Action Fairness Act of 2005, Southeast Tech Wire, 2005
- Defeating or Limiting the Securities Class Action, Securities News, 1992
- Postponing the Delaware Corporation’s Annual Meeting, 38 Emory Law Journal 209, 1989
- Georgia Bar Association
- Fellow, Lawyers Foundation of Georgia
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Securities, 2015 – Present
- Super Lawyers Honoree, 2009 – 2018
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Argued to the Georgia Supreme Court in a case establishing no state law cause of action against a bank for data privacy breaches.
- Obtained dismissal of class actions against a well-known mortgage lender. counsel in case first establishing business judgment rule by Georgia Supreme Court.
- Defended a national securities broker-dealer in an eight-week mass arbitration with the result that the broker-dealer was not liable for the Ponzi scheme of its registered representative.
- Counsel to the Special Litigation Committee of NYSE company.