Robert specialises in all aspects of the management and maximisation of rural land assets.
In addition, Robert is a trustee of a number of diverse charities, including the Royal Bath & West of England Society (of which he is chairman), Innovation for Agriculture, the Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance, the National Eye Research Centre and the Langford Trust for Animal Health and Welfare. In 2014 he was President of the Grateful Society, a Bristol based charity that raises money to help older people to maintain their dignity and respect. He is also a Deputy Lieutenant of Somerset.
Examples of experience include:
- Acting for a family in connection with the sale of land for the construction of 500 houses from the grant of the original option, through the planning (and judicial review) process to eventual sale
- Negotiating an option for a variety of family trusts over 100 plus acres of edge of settlement land
- Concluding a number of agreements for surrender of protected agricultural tenants for the same landlord and thereafter selling and re-letting the land
- Acquiring three diverse holdings as part of a single lot and negotiating options for minerals leases in respect of each with the seller
- Over the last year working for a large number of different clients in concluding promotion or option agreements over a wide variety of sites both in terms of geography and size
- Acting for a large charitable trust in connection with the management of its endowment, including sales, purchases and development activities and also working with it in developing a series of care villages.