Rishi qualified into the Projects & Procurement Team in September 2016, having completed his training contract with the firm.
He advises on a range of public sector projects and education matters. Rishi has advised a variety of public sector bodies including local authorities, academy trusts, schools and colleges, NHS bodies and private sector parties active in the market.
Rishi assists clients in various sectors including: education; hospitality and leisure; public sector; and health. He has advised on the drafting of academy conversion documents and various contracting and sub-contracting arrangements.
He also has experience advising public sector clients on undertaking regulated procurements, including the awarding of contracts through use of the competitive dialogue process.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Northumberland County Council in relation to the procurement of a £46 million facility incorporating two new schools and a leisure centre. The project was procured under a Design and Build contract and under a competitive dialogue process. Rishi provided extensive support and advice in relation to awarding the contract through the competitive dialogue process.
- Three Rivers District Council on its procurement of a long term leisure partner under competitive dialogue. The project included the construction of new leisure facilities under a DBOM contract.
- Newcastle City Council on the transfer of its leisure estate to a third party leisure operator on the basis of a concession arrangement. The project also included the provisions of short term funding arrangements to the chosen operator and negotiating with existing public sector funding providers (including Sport England and the Football Foundation)
- Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust and County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust on the establishment of a wholly owned subsidiary companies and the transfer of facilities management services to the companies.
- The University of York on its outsourcing of hard and soft facilities management services to its student accommodation.
- Local authorities, schools and third party landowners on the commercial and constitutional aspects of converting schools to academies. Rishi has worked closely with a number of authorities and advised on the commercial aspects of a number of successful academy conversions.