Philip heads up the firm's litigation practice in Scotland and deals with a broad range of civil, commercial and real estate related disputes.
He acts for a wide range of organisations and individuals in a variety of disputes including a number of well-known blue chip hospitality, leisure and retail clients.
His focus is on achieving commercial and cost effective results and often advises on risk management approaches and strategies to avoid pursuing a dispute through the courts. He prides himself on giving straightforward commercial advice.
Philip has wide ranging expertise and specialisms and advises on contractual disputes, real estate disputes, insolvency, debt recovery, licensing, regulatory, professional negligence, interdicts and financial services disputes.
He is regularly asked to present seminars to the RICS in Scotland and is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
Examples of experience include:
- Acting for the multinational retailing company Arcadia in a £1,200,000 dilapidations dispute in the Commercial Court of the Court of Session
- Acting in one of the first appeals under the new Arbitration (Scotland) Act 2010 to the Court of Session in respect of a rent review for a 5 star luxury hotel in Edinburgh [Arbitration Application No 1 of 2013  CSOH 83]
- Acting for one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies in respect of a product liability claim in the Court of Session
- Advising Duff and Phelps in the administration of Rangers Football Club
- Acting for the landlord of a nine storey office block in Edinburgh in respect of a dispute over a rent review with their tenant [AWG Group Limited v HCP II Properties 101 GP Limited  CSOH 69]