Paul specialises in Real Estate and Finance.
Paul has acted for a number UK and international lenders in connection with all areas of secured lending including property due diligence and negotiating facility, security and inter-creditor documentation. He has expertise in multi-jurisdictional transactions, working with the firm's English and US offices as well as other City and International law firms, and advising both lenders and borrowers on Scottish security documentation and the Scots law provisions in the other transaction documentation.
On commercial investment and operational property, Paul has been instructed by a number of real estate clients in the acquisition and disposal of commercial real estate and leasing of office and retail premises. This work has included acting for a UK Bank in the management of its Scottish portfolio of branches and acting for a pension fund in the acquisition of investment property.
Paul has a particular interest in renewable energy and is playing a crucial role within the firm's Energy Team in advising clients on site assembly and access issues for onshore wind farm development.
With regard to insolvency matters, Paul's experience includes acting in the sale of distressed assets, advising on the various types of insolvency procedures and providing security reviews.
- Signet Accreditation in Commercial Property by the WS Society
- Certification of Proficiency in Insolvency (CPI) by the Insolvency Practitioner’s Association
- Completed Certified Course in Commercial Leasing by The Glasgow Graduate School of Law
Paul has been praised in Legal 500 for his 'legal knowledge', 'responsiveness', 'attention to detail' and 'high-quality advice'
- Lloyds Bank in relation to the refinance of its borrower's Scottish property portfolio leased to a High Street bank
- Clydesdale Bank on various transactions involving the provision of development facilities for the construction of nursing homes
- Royal Bank of Scotland on refinancing a retailer operating from multiple units in Scotland
- Bank of Scotland on refinancing facilities over a portfolio of Scottish and English windfarm sites
- International banks with London branches on the provision of acquisition facilities for industrial estates and refinancing facilities for Grade A office investment property in Scotland