Nikki acts for a range of business clients, institutions and public sector occupiers in relation to their property requirements including acquisitions, lease renewals and disposals relating to trading premises, warehouses, industrial units and other properties. She guides clients through strategic projects (including corporate acquisitions and divestments, insolvency processes, re-organisations and Head Office relocations. She specialises in managing large and diverse property portfolios.
Her work is predominantly retail focused and she acts for a number of national and international retailers including:
- Ann Summers
- New Look
Nikki works with retailers managing their store portfolios across outlet, shopping centre and high street locations as well as on out of town retail parks and franchises. Over the last few years, Nikki has also assisted many of our retail clients with aggressive property maximisation programmes including pulling together strategies for expansions, rationalisations and re-gears.
Nikki also works with a number of international manufacturers assisting them with their UK property requirements including managing their existing premises and also acquiring critical additional manufacturing and distribution facilities.
She is a member of the BCSC and a supporter of the PMA. Prior to qualification, she worked as a paralegal in our property litigation team dealing with landlord and tenant disputes including lease renewals, break notices, dilapidations and other leasehold property disputes.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A fashion retailer on acquisition of new flagship store on Oxford Street
- Acting on behalf of a national furniture retailer in an aggressive expansion of its national store network frequently dealing with very urgent instructions with extremely short turn around periods and anything from a development Agreement for Lease to a short term occupation arrangement for Christmas trade
- A national fashion retailer on its store rationalisation programme including pro-active and strategic use of break rights, the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and where necessary early surrenders
- Supporting a healthcare retailer by way of an informal secondment to its Estates Team
- An international fashion retailer on its new European Head Office
- An American Manufacturer on its manufacturing premises and new distribution warehouse
- A European Manufacturer on its UK property portfolio.
"We see Nikki 'as one of [our] own team, not from [yours].'