Nigel heads our Housing Group, and is client partner and deputy client partner for a number of major organisations in the sector. These include Grainger, The National Trust, Thirteen, Akelius, Vista, Southern Residential, Retirement Bridge, Karbon, Bernicia, Places for People, Hearthstone Investments and Countrywide. Womble Bond Dickinson is seen as market leaders in the housing sector.
Nigel joined in 1992 and has specialised in all aspects of residential property since that date.
He became a Board Member of Byker Community Trust in July 2013. The Trust is the Registered Provider for the iconic Byker Estate in Newcastle upon Tyne. Nigel is also our representative in the UKAA (UK Apartment Association) and is a shadow trustee of the Newcastle Parks Trust, an innovative solution to the funding and operation of Newcastle's parks and allotments.
- Grainger in the purchase of 614 individual leasehold properties for £58m
- GRIP in the purchase of an estate of 98 units in London for £57.3m
- on the acquisition of two companies and their assets comprising portfolios of 1000 and 250 units respectively. The portfolios were largely made up of retirement flats
- Grainger in the purchase of 61 houses in prime central London for £160m
- Akelius as their main legal advisor in their published aim of owning 10,000 units in London and the South East by 2020
- Social housing client with regard to the provision of a £25m term loan facility to facilitate the implementation of a stock rationalisation exercise of 1200 properties
Nigel also heads our Innovation initiative, identifying, coordinating and delivering innovative solutions which benefit our clients and our staff. We were named 14th most innovative firm in Europe in the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2017.