Nicola advises developer and local authority clients on a range of infrastructure planning matters including highways and renewable energy projects in England, Scotland and Wales. She has worked on a number of Development Consent Orders, advised on aspects of Developments of National Significance and also has experience of costs claims in the context of Compulsory Purchase Orders. Nicola regularly advises on statutory planning agreements (s38, s104, s278) as well as on s106 agreements. She has a particular interest in heritage-related matters and specialises in advising on issues relating to good design.
Examples of experience include advising:
- National Highways development consent orders: A38 Derby Junctions, A47 Wansford to Sutton and A12 Chelmsford to A120 widening
- ScottishPower Renewables (UK) Limited: planning issues relating to various energy schemes
- National Grid: DCO pre-application advice including detailed review of the environmental statement
- Vattenfall Norfolk Vanguard DCO: implementation of onshore infrastructure
- Private clients: development in conservation areas, alterations to listed buildings, planning enforcement.